The successor of Yii Framework 1.1, Yii2 is a complete rewrite of Yii Framework, one of the most popular PHP 5 frameworks for making modern web applications. The update embraces the best practices and protocols established with newer versions of PHP, while still maintaining the simple, fast, and extendable behavior found in its predecessor.
This book has been written to enhance your skills and knowledge with Yii Framework 2. Starting with configuration and how to initialize new projects, you’ll learn how to configure, manage, and use every aspect of Yii2 from Gii, DAO, Query Builder, Active Record, and migrations, to asset manager. You’ll also discover how to automatically test your code using codeception.
With this book by your side, you’ll have all the skills you need to quickly create rich modern web and console applications with Yii2.
About this book
- Learn to work with the key aspects of Yii Framework 2
- Explore how to create RESTful APIs with Yii
- Incorporate codeception with Yii2 to test your code thoroughly
Who this book is for
This book is for Yii Framework developers who want to quickly master Yii2. This book assumes some familiarity with Yii2, PHP 5, and HTML5.
What you’ll learn
- Explore Yii2’s conventions and learn how to properly configure Yii2
- Create both web and console applications
- Reduce development time by learning to create classes automatically with Gii, Yii2’s automatic code generation tool
- Use Yii2’s database migration tool
- Manage and access databases with Active Record, DAO, and Query Builder
- Handle user authentication and authorization within Yii2
- Create RESTful APIs with Yii Framework 2
- Test applications automatically with codeception